Dare Clubb, MFA, BA
Dare is associate professor of playwriting, dramatic literature, and theory. He has taught playwriting at Princeton University, Barnard College, and the Bread Loaf Graduate School of English at Middlebury College, and dramatic literature and theory at the New School for Social Research in New York City. He was playwright-in-residence at the Juilliard School from 1985-87.
His plays have been performed at the Yale Repertory Theatre, Juilliard, and the O'Neill National Playwrights Conference. His original play Oedipus was produced by the Blue Light Theater Company at the CSC Theater in New York City and received an Obie award in 1999. A workshop production of his play Light Leaves was directed by Robert Wilson at the University of Iowa in 2010.
- NEA (1982)
- NYFA (1987)
- AHI (2009)
- Cill Rialaig, Ireland (2006)
- Watermill Institute, Long Island (2009)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Institute for Advanced Studies, New Delhi (2009)
- Collegiate Teaching Award (2007)
- University of Iowa Faculty Scholar (2009-12)