Starting in 2010, Theatre Arts moved beyond stacks of headshots and resumes in creating our own Actor Bank. In Summer 2014, we upgraded this audition database and expanded it to the Performer Bank, which works with all Theatre, Dance, and Opera department productions. The Performer Bank is a secure location for artists to keep their data for all Division of Performing Arts auditions – including preferences in the callback process. Directors and Producers can view all of the Performer Bank data in real time, which greatly expedites the casting process and is very green!
Since March 2010, 639 students have created profiles on our Performer Bank.
The Performer Bank replaces traditional audition forms and makes auditions easier for everyone:
- As an actor, you now only need to enter your information once – no more filling out the same form 3 times a year.
- Upload a digital photo of yourself in .jpg, .tiff, or .png format and a resume in .pdf or .docx formats – save the expense of film or printing.
- Change your preference of shows anytime during the audition process. Which show is your first choice? Did you attend a callback for an unknown show and now it is your favorite? You can now let us know at any time.
- Directors can search for your records quickly, easily, and immediately!
To use the Performer Bank:
- You will need to log in using your hawkID and password to the Performer Bank to begin entering information.
- Be sure to enter your information in all the required ( * ) fields – they are all on the first page.
- Select the Theatre tab at the top of the page to enter questions for the upcoming Theatre audition. Consider auditioning for Dance and Opera productions as well!
- If you are not a member of the UI community, please contact Melissa Turner to access the Performer Bank.
Information you provide on the Performer Bank may be viewed by team leaders, playwrights, directors, stage managers, and faculty.
Production Stage Manager